Principal: Andy Kozak
Welcome to New Gisborne Primary School, situated in the picturesque foothills of the Macedon Ranges. Our school has an enrolment of over 600 students and has an excellent reputation within the local area. With learning and teaching our core business and a strong emphasis on developing the whole child, New Gisborne Primary School consistently achieves high-level academic results, particularly in the areas of Literacy and Numeracy.
New Gisborne Primary School’s vision is to provide a high quality, balanced and challenging curriculum that allows students to perform to the best of their ability in an atmosphere of mutual respect and cooperation. In the pursuit of life-long learning at New Gisborne Primary School we value:
• respect and integrity in all dealings with others
• providing the skills and knowledge to become life-long learners
• using initiative and taking responsibility for actions
• effective partnerships between students, teachers, parents and the broader community
• setting high expectations and striving for excellence while recognising, understanding and catering for a diversity of needs across the school.
Our current school priorities focus on:
• Excellence in Teaching and Learning: to further develop rigorous and challenging learning with a consistent teaching and learning design across the school. This includes embedding the use of Digital Technologies across the curriculum, whilst emphasising the creation of innovative solutions to deepen and enrich learning.
• Positive Climate for Learning: To develop a shared understanding of wellbeing that makes explicit the importance of relationships and the links to learning, engagement, personal responsibility and high expectations.
• Community Engagement in Learning: to build effective connections with families so they can authentically support student learning, whilst also enhancing external links and partnerships to better utilise community expertise.
New Gisborne Primary School has a strong tight-knit sense of community with high expectations. Parents and extended families actively invest in their child’s education by contributing to school programs and fundraising events such as classroom support, canteen, excursions, sport, fundraising and family social events, and by nurturing other external interests. Our well-established Parent Association is very effective in identifying school needs and organising and conducting whole school activities. Consistent communication between parents, school and school council serves to facilitate an effective and constructive feedback loop. The school actively supports the wider community through its involvement in community activities and celebrations as well as specific programs.
We invite you to take the time find out more about our school and what we offer you and your family.