Welcome to New Gisborne Primary School, situated in the picturesque foothills of the Macedon Ranges. Our school has an excellent reputation within the local area. With learning and teaching our core business and a strong emphasis on developing the whole child, New Gisborne Primary School consistently achieves high level academic results, particularly in the areas of literacy and numeracy. Our students generally achieve above both state and like schools results.
New Gisborne Primary School’s vision is to provide a high quality, balanced and challenging curriculum that allows students to perform to the best of their ability in an atmosphere of mutual respect and cooperation. In the pursuit of life-long learning at New Gisborne Primary School we value:
• respect and integrity in all dealings with others
• providing the skills and knowledge to become life-long learners
• using initiative and taking responsibility for actions
• effective partnerships between students, teachers, parents and the broader community
• setting high expectations and striving for excellence while recognising, understanding and catering for a diversity of needs across the school.
Our current school priorities focus on:
• Student Learning – to further develop high quality learning in all curriculum areas with an emphasis on improved literacy and numeracy outcomes for all students and teacher capacity to enable teachers to recognise and meet student learning needs.
• Student Welfare and Engagement – to develop the personal and social capacities of our students such as resilience, confidence, creativity, connectedness and citizenship.
• Student Pathways and Transition – to improve the transition of students into and out of the school, and the pathways as they move through the school.
New Gisborne Primary School has a strong tight-knit sense of community with high expectations. Parents and extended families actively invest in their child’s education by contributing to school programs and fundraising events such as classroom support, canteen, excursions, sport, fundraising and family social events, and by nurturing other external interests. Our well established Parent Association is very effective in identifying school needs and organising and conducting whole school activities. Consistent communication between parents, school and school council serves to facilitate an effective and constructive feedback loop. The school actively supports the wider community through its involvement in community activities and celebrations as well as specific programs.
We invite you to take the time find out more about our school and what we offer you and your family.